Monday, April 26, 2010

A Visual of Riverside

For a few weeks now I've been wanting to show off my workspace and kitchen but I've just been too unmotivated to tidy up the increasing clutter on the kitchen table and make sure all the dishes are away and there's no mess. But the longer sunny days have been making me want to do something more with my time for a while. So finally I dragged out my old Nikon D40 and got to work.

Behold the kitchen as a whole! It's a long galley style kitchen but the odd lack of counter space and old fashioned sink make it appear we have more room than we do. It's the worst when Ryan and I are both stuck in that space between the counter and the stove. But since I'm usually the only one in the room and we're both on the dishes pretty quickly the counter size doesn't really phase me too much.

Check out this sink. I have to scrub it with Comet Bleach about twice a week because it stains really badly. It looks lovely when it's all clean and sparkly. We both appreciate that room for the dish rack is right on the sink and isn't really stealing any extra counter space.


Here is the multipurpose shelf. This actually acts as a pretty decent counter when we need it. In fact, so does the radiator so long as you put one of the big cutting boards on it. I brought this shelf from my room at home and it worked out really well in the kitchen. We have a ridiculous amount of appliances all over the kitchen and I have to use a separate gluten free toaster from Ryan so mine is the white one.


One "breakfast nook" or whatever you want to call it. I bought this table when I was still living at home and dying to make my room feel less bedroomy and more let's-pretend-I-don't-still-live-at-home. It's a great little bar table with four stools and we actually eat breakfast there fairly often in the morning, listening to good ole' CBC. I'm actually surprised I haven't talked about CBC more often. Ryan is a total CBC Radio 1 convert. We listen to it all the time, in the car - me more than him, but still. He'll turn it on when I'm not even around now.


Out compost corner. My mom kept one of these containers under her kitchen sink but I didn't think it would fit in our windows. I picked one up anyway and it fits just perfect. It doesn't give off a smell really and it keeps thing tidy. When the bag is full I just wrap it up and stick it in the other windowsill until I can drop it off at my folks place.


We live in a building that was built in 1931 so we even have an ice chest. But we use it as the pantry for snacks and potatoes and onions and oils.

And lastly, my funky new mixing bowls. I love these things. The 3 largest sizes have nice grips on the bottom so I can finally use my hand mixer without the bowl going crazy.

That's it for now. Ryan and I were busy buying a new car this weekend!

1 comment: